We Want to See Your Face
Let's celebrate the kick-off of a new 5-year journey through the whole Word of God in April 2021!
In 30 seconds or less, answer the question, “Why do I love the Bible?”
Is it because it gives you hope?
Because it points you to Jesus?
Because it comforts you? Challenges you?
Why do you show up every day on the Bible Bus with your Bible open?
Record your answer (on your smartphone or computer) and then upload your video here
. (If you have problems with Dropbox, you can also send or share your files with BibleBus@TTB.org
.) We can't wait to see your face!
How to film your video
- If using a phone hold it in landscape mode, so horizontally like a TV and not vertically like you're talking on your phone. The camera should be eye level with the person talking.
- Make sure there are no windows behind you, or else the footage will have white, blown-out backgrounds. Ideally, have some light source on your face, whether it's from a window or a desk lamp.
- Begin your video with "I love the Bible because ..."
See these few as examples of what to say:
Ideas for “Why I love the Bible …”
- The Bible reveals Jesus to me (John 5:39-40)
- The Bible guides and counsels me in important decisions (Psalm 119:105)
- The Bible reveals what my ultimate purpose in life is
- The Bible answers my questions about life and death
- The Bible is healing to my body (Matthew 6:11)
- The Bible shows me how to relate to and serve God
- The Bible delivers me from despair
- The Bible equips me to fight temptation (Ephesians 6:17)
- The Bible helps me clarify my innermost thoughts and desires (Hebrews 4:12)
- The Bible trains me in righteous living (2 Timothy 3:16)
- The Bible equips me to serve God and do His work (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- So many reasons in Romans 8!
- The Bible is the seed God has given to transform my life (Luke 8:11, 15)
- The Bible releases and increases my faith (Romans 10:17, 15:13)
- The Bible feeds and nourishes both soul and body (Matthew 4:4 NIV)
“It’s life to me,” says one 95-year old listener.
Please note that while we will include as many voices as we can, not everyone will make it into the final cut of the video. See our quick footage release verbiage below. This is really just saying we have your permission to use your likeness and footage in the video to play and post online or the audio used on the radio or online.
I hereby authorize Thru the Bible to use and edit the submitted video content - my name, likeness, image, voice and participation in and performance on film, tape or otherwise for use in the stated project above or parts thereof. I agree that the footage may be edited and otherwise altered at the sole discretion of the Producer and used in whole or in part for any and all broadcasting, non-broadcasting, audio/visual, and/or exhibition purposes in any manner or media.