If you have a question about how Dr. McGee's online, print, and audio resources may be used, please review all of the information below. Be sure to check out the FAQs at the bottom of this page. If your question is not answered here, please feel free to contact us.
Permissions Guidelines on All Print and Audio Material
To Those Who Would Like to Share Dr. McGee’s Teaching With Others:
We so appreciate your heart to share Dr. McGee’s teaching by bringing as many people as possible the whole Word to the whole world. Dr. McGee’s teaching is copyrighted and Thru the Bible Radio Network (Thru the Bible, TTB) actively maintains control of any and all physical and digital media that is distributed (e.g., radio, podcasts, websites, apps, CD’s, MP3’s, and any other media available). Dr. McGee did not want his messages edited nor did he want outside unauthorized parties to use his teaching for their own personal profit. He also did not want listeners to become detached from the ministry and its overall goal: to bring the whole Word to the whole world. The further removed the distribution of his teachings gets from the ministry, the less likely people may be to pray for and financially support this mission. We appreciate your heart to help bring Dr. McGee’s teaching to as many people as possible while complying with the desires of Dr. McGee and Thru the Bible.
Thru the Bible is glad to grant you written permission to share Dr. McGee’s teaching materials, for your work, provided you agree to our guidelines and adhere to any updates in the guidelines as they are amended from time to time. (Use of excerpts for church newsletters, scholarly papers, Bible studies, social media, and the like are granted permission without any further action if they comply with these guidelines.)
FOR PERMISSION FOR ALL USES BEYOND EXCERPTS: Send an email to [email protected] describing how you intend to use the materials and that you agree to abide by our Permissions Guidelines as amended from time to time. Here are the current guidelines you must agree to:
- Transfer, free of charge, any domain name, or the like, containing Thru the Bible, TTB, Dr. J. Vernon McGee, and any closely related names to Thru the Bible Radio Network.
- Not charge any fees (including compensation for reproduction costs) or solicit any donations of any kind in connection with the program except to direct any donations to the donation page at Thru the Bible on "www.ttb.org" or "ttb.org."
- Not edit or cut the messages of Dr. McGee’s teaching and Thru the Bible in any way (or, if applicable, make it clear it is an excerpt).
- Clearly attribute Dr. J. Vernon McGee and TTB as the source of the material and provide a link to Thru the Bible’s home page at "www.ttb.org" or "ttb.org."
- Make it clear that you are not a representative of Thru the Bible, TTB, or Dr. McGee. Do not identify yourself or anything you produce with any names containing Thru the Bible, TTB, Dr. J. Vernon McGee or other similar or closely related names.
- Agree that all Intellectual Property Rights related to Thru the Bible’s programs shall be and remain the sole property of TTB.
- Include the following statement on any distributed or web-posted copy: "By Dr. J. Vernon McGee © Thru the Bible Radio Network, www.ttb.org.”
- Discontinue your use of Dr. McGee’s teaching materials upon the request of Thru the Bible.
You and those you communicate with should be aware that all materials of Thru the Bible and all downloads may not be transferred or otherwise sold to anyone else in any format without our written permission. Proprietary rights and copyright laws apply to all physical materials and/or digital content available online (including downloads), which remain the sole property of Thru the Bible. Excluding the exceptions provided above, any broadcast, rebroadcast, or other use of any of the materials of Thru the Bible without the express written consent of Thru the Bible is strictly prohibited. All rights are reserved by Thru the Bible.
Download a copy of these guidelines here.
Use of Excerpts in Published Material
Many of Dr. McGee's printed materials are copyrighted, as indicated on the copyrights page at the front of the books. We do not restrict the use of short quotes and excerpts from Dr. McGee’s copyrighted books as long as the copied portion does not make up more than 25% of the total text of the work you plan to publish. Excerpts may be used freely in articles, books, or manuscripts that will be published (either by a publisher or self-published) as long as the source material is clearly indicated and Dr. McGee is credited as the author.
If your publisher requires written permission to use an excerpt from one of Dr. McGee's copyrighted books, please send the following information to the address below:
- Your full name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number
- The name and address of the publisher that is producing your work
- The complete text of the quote(s) you are using -- for each one, include the title of the McGee book from which you are taking the quote and the page number on which it appears
- A few lines of your material preceding and following the quote(s) from McGee's book(s) (please do not send your entire manuscript, as it will not be read or returned to you)
Thru the Bible Radio
ATTN: Copyright and Permissions
P.O. Box 7100
Pasadena, CA 91109
Email: [email protected]
Yes! See the Permissions Guidelines at the top of this page for our full policy, but as long as you adhere to our guidelines, you do not need to obtain our written permission to quote excerpts in free church publications, scholarly papers, Bible studies, social media, and the like.
Yes! Just remember that the copied materials must be given out completely free of charge. If you'd like to share something with someone else but don't have the personal resources to do so freely, let them know about our free online resources and programs.
Yes, we encourage our listeners to help advertise TTB in any way they can--and over the years friends of the ministry have come up with some pretty creative ways to do so! Because we have a policy not to spend resources on advertising in these ways, we will not create or provide ad text or artwork for you. But you're welcome to use any information or text here on our website to create your promotional material.
As stated above in our Permissions Guidelines, Dr. McGee did not want his messages edited nor did he want outside unauthorized parties to use his teaching for their own personal profit. He also did not want listeners to become detached from the ministry and its overall goal: to bring the whole Word to the whole world. The further removed the distribution of his teachings gets from the ministry, the less likely people may be to pray for and financially support this mission. We appreciate your heart to help bring Dr. McGee’s teaching to as many people as possible while complying with the desires of Dr. McGee and Thru the Bible.
We would be glad to grant you written permission for this type of rebroadcasting. To submit a request for consideration, please send your request to [email protected].
It's a great blessing when friends of the ministry share it with others, so please feel free to add a Thru the Bible link to your website.