How to pray for those who are persecuted
May 22, 2023
Tight control over speech, religion, and press. That’s what we find as we travel through the landlocked country of Belarus today.
As a reminder, in our previous prayer travels we’ve learned that religion in Belarus was outlawed and oppressed during the Soviet era, and this persecution still continues today. A 2002 law severely limited religious freedoms by outlawing worship meetings in homes, congregations of more than 20 individuals, new religious schools, and the circulation of religious literature not approved by the state. It also hindered churches’ ability to buy or rent land.
So as God’s Word goes out today, here are a few ways we can pray for our brothers and sisters who face opposition:
- Pray they know the hope God gives (Ephesians 1:18).
- Pray they rely on God and not themselves (2 Corinthians 1:7-9).
- Pray their faith inspires those who plan to harm them (Acts 16:25, Luke 6:27-31).
- Pray God protects them, according to His will (Matthew 26:39).
- Pray they have wisdom and discernment for how to approach every situation (Matthew 10:16-18).
God is doing good things in Romania. Join us tomorrow as our prayers continue.
Listen here to TTB-Russian.