Joy Instead of Sorrow in the Middle East
September 24, 2018
In spite of the fact that the Muslim world is one of the hardest places on earth to share the gospel, Thru the Bible has been heard in Arabic throughout the Middle East and North Africa for 35 years.
You’ve heard about Kol el Ketab, Thru the Bible’s Arabic television program that is being used by God all over the world. But God also continues to bring spiritual fruit from the teaching of His Word by radio. Here is an encouraging word from the Arabic radio producer that will give you a lot to praise God and pray about:
“The Middle East region is filled with controversies. What is supposed to bring us tears of sorrow and loss is bringing Christians tears of joy and celebration! For example, it’s a real joy to see that those who used to be against Christianity are coming to Jesus Christ as Savior with powerful testimonies, whether due to Christian radio and television broadcasts or church outreach. What a joy to see hundreds of refugees coming to Christ because they have seen true unconditional love and care from Christians. Even in war zones, people gather around the radio for a message of hope through the Word of God!
“One challenge is to see Christians in the Arab world giving up and leaving their own countries looking for a better future somewhere else. Economic and political hardship, in addition to the ‘Islamization agenda’ and persecution, are forcing Christians to become ‘extinct.’ Consequently, there are less Christians who can follow their ‘…upward calling of God in Christ Jesus’ to be the Salt and Light for the nation.
“We’re confident that He who began a good work in us will carry it on to completion until the day of Jesus Christ!”
Thank God with us for these blessings:
- Ministry functions—even thrives—today inside one of the most difficult and persecuted regions in the world. (Read Joshua 1:9 for more encouragement.)
- God continues to provide resources and funds despite the world economic problems. (Read 1 Kings 17:16 as an example.)
- Hundreds of people have accepted Christ as their Savior by listening to Thru the Bible’s Arabic radio broadcast! We rejoice when we meet and hear from people whose lives have been changed because of Thru the Bible. (For encouragement, read Romans 10:15.)
Pray with us for these challenges:
- Intercede for persecuted Christians in the Middle East, that they would continue to fight the good fight and count it as joy to suffer for Christ.
- Ask God to continue to use radio and media as ideal mission fields, filled with millions of unsaved and accessible people.
- Pray for the safety of Christians who live and work in restricted and dangerous places in the Middle East, that God will continue to use them as lights in this dark world.
Middle East & North Africa