Nothing is impossible with God …
June 14, 2017
“I spread out my hands to You; my soul longs for You like a thirsty land.” -Psalm 143:6
Mauritania’s spiritual climate resembles its geographical one: hot and dry.
Welcome, World Prayer travelers. Today as we pray across the barren desert, let’s intercede for the people to hear God’s Word and realize their great longing for Him. As you are on your knees, you may also want to lift up these great needs of the Mauritanian people:
- More than 42% of people live in poverty; making Mauritania one the world’s poorest countries.
- Almost 60% of the population is under 25 years of age.
- Only half of Mauritanians can read or write.
- Although officially abolished in 1981, it is estimated that up to 20% of the population live in slavery.
- There are laws against sharing the gospel. Less than 1% know Jesus as Lord, and the vast majority of Mauritanians remain unreached.
That’s a lot to pray about. While circumstances are dire and the outlook is bleak, as it says in Luke 1:37 “with God nothing will be impossible.”
We’ll pray our way across the Holy Land tomorrow. Join us!